The kindergarten is the second place after home where the child spends maximum time. It is also the place where the child is not accompanied by their parents or their guardians. Hence, the kindergarten should be like a second home to learn and grow in life. There are many best teaching methods for kindergarten children to make them feel their kindergarten as their second home.
Below are the few best teaching methods for kindergarten:
- As mentioned earlier, kindergarten is the place where children learn the life skills and also academic skills.
- Sometimes the kids feel more comfortable if the instructors are cooperative and friendly. Hence, a kindergarten instructor should understand that the children need a lot of pampering. This should not result to over pampering but measured analysis of pampering is required to have a soothing feel in the class.
- They should inculcate fun activities with learning. Like, reciting rhymes with dancing. This will make the children to remain active and also enjoy the learning.
- They should have some time for the theater. The theater time is to listen to the pictorial depiction of moral stories. This method of learning stories will have a lasting impact on the children of the story and also the moral of the story.
- They should be taken out to the playground for some outdoor activities. Playing in the sand and the other outdoor activities will make them feel lighter and happier. With this approach, the children won’t get bored and will enjoy kindergarten.
- As, most of us reside in the city. The city life has restricted or minimal or no interaction with the domestic animals. The kindergarten can arrange an activity to the farms and make them aware of their importance in our life.
- The wildlife tour can also be arranged. Like a tour to a nearby zoo.
- They can engage the kids in protecting and conserving the animals and the greenery around us. The green-life protection can be ensured by engaging them in planting a tree from the seed and watering it on a daily basis.
- Make them aware that each and every one in the class is important and ensures collective working.
- The kindergarten can engage in the sports activity to make them strong and active. They can inculcate yoga and other light physical exercises to suit according to the child’s age.
- Make learning fun and simple by illustrations, children get involved immediately when the real-world surroundings are taken as illustrations. Hence, emphasize more on real-life example for the children to learn easily.
- Keep the classroom decorated with the pictures that are engaging for the students. This, in turn, will make students love their classroom.
- As you interact with the children, give them descriptive words and make them differentiate with the words. This, in turn, will enhance their vocabulary. There are many instances where the child starts speaking fluently with better vocabulary after joining the kindergarten.
And most importantly, be sensitive to the children’s need. They might not be able to express it completely. Hence, the instructor should have a good equation with the children.